Followers

Tuesday 9 June 2015

मयखाने में

You are drunk
and I'm intoxicated
no one is around
showing us the way home
again and again...
I told you
drink less
a cup or two

I know in this city
no one is sober
one is worse than the other
one is frenzied and
the other gone mad
come on my friend
step into the tavern of ruins
taste the sweetness of life
in the company of another friend
here you'll see
at every corner
someone intoxicated
and the cup-bearer
makes her rounds
I went out of my house
a drunkard came to me
someone whose glance
uncovered a hundred
houses in paradise
rocking and rolling
he was a sail
with no anchor but
he was the envy of all those sober ones
remaining on the shore
where are you from I asked
he smiled in mockery and said
one half from the east
one half from the west
one half made of water and earth
one half made of heart and soul
one half staying at the shores and
one half nesting in a pearl
I begged
take me as your friend
I am your next of kin
he said I recognize no kin
among strangers
I left my belongings and
entered this tavern
I only have a chest
full of words
but can't utter
a single one
नशे में तुम मस्त
और मैं बहका हुआ हूँ
 साथ कोई नहीं है
 जो दिखाए राह घर की
 बार और बार ..
कहा था मैंने
पियो थोड़ी
 एक या दो प्याले
जानता हूँ मैं इस शहर में
 होश में कोई नहीं है
 हाल एक दूजे से बदतर
एक है उन्मत्त और
 दूसरा पगला चुका है
आओ  आओ यार मेरे
चलते हैं  खण्डरों में
चखते हैं  ज़िंदगी की मिठास
 दोस्तों की मण्डली में
देखोगे यहाँ तुम 
ज़र्रे ज़र्रे में
कोई न कोई नशे में
और साकी
घूमती रहती
मैं गया बाहर मकां से
एक शराबी पास आया  मेरे
 कोई इक  जिसकी नज़र
झरोखा थी सैंकड़ों
 जन्नत के  घरों का
झुमता और मस्त चलता
इक समुद्री जहाज
जिसका लंगर कहीं न
होश में थे जो, जलते थे उस से
खड़े रहते  किनारे
हो कहाँ से आप , पूछा मैंने
मुस्काया वो मज़ाक  से और बोला
 आधा पूरब से हूँ
आधा हूँ पश्चिम से
 आधा बना हूँ पानी से और आधा ज़मीन से
 आधा दिल आत्मा से
आधा  रहता किनारे और
आधा हूँ सीप का मोती
गिड़गिड़ाया मैं
दोस्त मुझ को बना लो 
 सगा रिश्तेदार हूँ मैं
बोला वो जानता मैं  न कोई रिश्ता
अजनबी सारे यहाँ हैं
छोड़ दी मैंने जागीर सारी और
आया मैं इस  मयखाने में
पास मेरे सिर्फ है इक सीना
भरा शब्दों से
पर जुबां तक आता न
शब्द इक भी ..

No comments:

Post a Comment